Wednesday, February 11, 2009

- - - . . . - - - Moise code S.O.S can be expressed in many ways a call for help, urgent emergencias, A.S.A.P. Let’s examine our novalist Amiri Baraka and his personal connection for help S.O.S. The title jumps out to me like an moving animation as a reaction I had to take interest. Historical connections from this poem is so real all of my senses attend to alert. Opening my eyes to see the light Amiri Baraka meant so much but said so little. And highly recognition of conjecture is deeply identified. The fright of her engaging but silent voice was so intense it left me in tears. Save Our Souls “calling all man women and child come in.”


I can touch her soul as she cries out, I can feel her pain, and I can see people conjugating as one, I can hear her voice cry, and I can taste the bitterness of her suffering. And to wipe away all sorrow I pay close attention to her request and even more to her commands. This poem was made for the recursion of her culture and to complete the end to their change. A call for help S.O.S she is counting on us. Us as a family, community, and most importantly as one.” Where ever you are come in.”



The setting to me seems as if she’s right in the middle of the violent North Philly streets. Speaking to all statistics, drug dealers, drop out, gang wars.etc. calling them in. At the same time frame recognizing her culture and expect more. No racism occurred. The author of this poem is highly in depth with her topic im positive it will draw. Any reader in. In a way I Want to stand next to her but do I see myself in the crowd, which she speaks out to? In a way yes in her call S.O.S in my perspective she’s also talking to me and everyone in my surroundings. Not statistically but and another way that does but don’t make any sense.She expects more and know her people for who they are and what they are capable of doing without knowing the personally. She knows her African American culture can do better and can achieve anything the can put their mind to. Young dropouts is not the way, gang wars is not the way, being a drug dealer is not the way.” where ever you are come in.”



Stoicismly putting me in deep thought, I need to get my life together and get it done quickly. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Sorrow, Pain, Suffering, ends here and now. Reunite as one, stand as one, walk as one, and talk as one. Inexplicably I am with her as she explains this. I was with her since day one without even knowing her as a person only as a writer. And to acknowledge that I take heed to what she is point out the disadvantages of her culture. I will try and strive to treat others as I would want to be treated. I will ignore all negativity and think only of the postivie.To mean so much but say so little, I understood everything this poem speaks about. I can relate to every line and word. I can understand it’s so real that it’s unreal this was a poem I could actually relate to.


To call for help directing to a society so big and so arrogant is so hard but worth every time put into it.S.O.S by Amiri Baraka.a call for help disadvantages recognized You can call for help in many ways even 911 would help but in this case it’s totally different a whole new ballgame. Just the author and her people face to face lets solve all of our problems and issues together. We are not alone we are one somebody please save our souls S.O.S. In God we trust please save our souls .

No comments: